Sunday, August 24, 2008

merdeka ~~ merdeka ~~

Sure it's been a while since I blogged about an event ~~ proudly to say - I found some Afternoon Events to go to - healthy (non-alchoholic) events.

Saw the advert from Astro, that's what I've been drowning myself lately (best friends with TV/Food/Bed/Cat/Water/Books).

The ministry is organizing a day where all women (and some interested men) join together to exchange thoughts/opinions about "Teaming Up to Make a Difference" It was a big eye-opener for me - as it was my first time in this Summit.

It started at 9am, registration was overwhelmed - I never expected so many women from different background took time to attend this event. Most of the ladies I met own their own business - as for me - I was on MC.

YB Dato Ng Yen Yen (Ministy for Women, Family & Community Dev Msia) & YAB Dato Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak (Deputy Prime Minister of Msia) was there to officiate the event.

She was brave in her speech as she talked about reviewing policies, about % of women to be part of the Board of Directors in Private & Public companies and even the extend about the Women Toilet - (Baby rooms are only found in the female bathroom? It should be in both sex, or create a common area for both parents to be allowed in baby bathroom) *woot woot* I was impressed with his keynote speech, he sums up whatever Dato Ng Yen Yen had directly and indirectly requested in a very thoughtful manner. I also attended another event in the afternoon - which is something I am passionate about - Training in general. I was invited to be a Regional Lecturer for LEOs in Region 4, I will be training kids (12-28 yrs old) around Selangor area about our CLD (Continuous LEO Development) Programme. That's just awesome!

I can't wait til Merdeka ~~ 31st August 2008 - that's the independence day of Malaysia as well as the most important thing in the world - MY prison break day ~~ I can finally socialize in the evening..
WATCH OUT Y'ALL~~ I'm BACK!!!
*sniff* still got 7 more days to go...
On a side note. (this is for my book)
If I were to rename myself ~~ What name would you name me?
Someone suggested Andrea.

3 comments:

jack said...

ermmmm... sometime i wonder y ppl have to rename them self.. anyway here is something that you can look into.. with name's and their meaning.. ;)
www.20000-names.com

Jolene Loh said...

jack : whoa. but then hor... what would you rename me ~~~ let's just say (for the book) i need a character name. not writting auto-biography. lolx

jack said...

angie....