Friday, August 8, 2008

Bali Trip Part 2 - Ubud

Benefits of Tan:
1) Blush – cannot see
2) Blue black – not so visible
3) Theory of wearing black – you tend to look thinner

I told my mom the third reason, she looked at me ... and she laughed. That laugh was just so picture-perfect...which makes my day.
As mentioned, I visited the Cultural place in Bali - UBUD. Loveeeeeeeeeeed it there.

This is the Gua Gajah that is all famous

Sculptures of arts... and tons of sculptures on e wall.
You have to be wearing a Sarong while going in this sacred place.
Ladies - if you have period - you are not able to visit this place at all.

This is the fountain of spring - where you cleanse yourself to good health and future.. This was inside the cave - where the elephant god sat... there's 3 of them in there.. all wearing sarong.
pathway to walk into the gua very dark.

A girl said "Arghh.. i'm clusterphobic..." looks around.. laughs to herself.

I just smiled. Why do ppl do that? say the most obvious things and laughs to the statement.This apparently - are ancestors who died and people who died... and stacking stone are a way to remember them.
nice Jolene angle - (tilted...)
Resident Temples in Ubud, the women have to be in sarong. I loveeeeeeeeeee this shot. I love the architecture of the temples.. just can't get enough of it.

Wanted to sketch.. but didn' have time... :(

this is something I admire a lot. just plain green and look at the pattern... of the planted....

what-cha-ma-call-it

I had the priviledge to attend Balinese Batch-funeral.

This old woman's hair is like Lemur's tail.this was the detailed items displayed on the each family table for the ceremony. They burn the body into ashes... and place it into a coconut.
then, using decorative flowers to place on top of the coconut...
wife will carry the ash to the nearest ocean/river to let it free..
Overall, I loved the cultural things I saw, and I loved the morning walk... it was simply lovely.
Love the fact that i club for fREE!!!

how do you classify as regular guests?Still i find this picture disturbing.... still ..

No comments: