Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1 last cry

10.25am... while watching One Tree Hill (Season 5), I’ve cried together with Peyton as she burns the book which Lucas wrote about her... things in which he wrote about her claiming to the world that she’s the one that he loves. Good friends of mine would have just slap my head by now knowing that I’m crying...

“He’s not worth it. He’s just out of his mind. He’s just not the right one for you. He’s crazy. He’s not Mr. Right...” are the exact things I hear throughout the years, ever wonder – what about me? Am I worth it? Am I the right one for them? Am I crazy? Am I Ms. Right?

To be honest, I’m not crying because of a heart broken too many times, I’m crying because this is my one last cry about how things are difficult for me and just the fact that I have to let go... A friend told me last night while sipping on Wine – “It takes a lot more to hold grudges than to forgive”. That’s true isn’t it?

The only man that I need to forgive in which I’ve hold grudges to for all these years... is no other than my dad. (For those who don’t know the story – I’m sorry – I’m not able to tell you another chapter of my life here)

Well. It’s now 10.32am. I’ve cried enough. I think. It’s time to move on in life.

9 comments:

ANDREW STEPHEN LAU said...

"To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it." -Confucius

- Forgiving releases the power a grudge holds over you. Once you have forgiven someone for a wrong they have done to you, you cancel out the wrong completely. "

Jolene Loh said...

andrew: cancel the wrong completely ... wow. that's very good. I like that a lot.

it's like how i discovered (excuse me for being a little geek)... CTRL + ALT + DEL - restart right?

Be in control, Find alternative, and Learn how to delete.

geek aren't i? lol ^_^

ANDREW STEPHEN LAU said...

Do you know Winnie The Pooh?

He said...

"You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."

Sometimes, you really can't hide from reality. Face it and who knows? You might be a happier person.

p/s: (off topic) If you are not, look for me, i'll tell you jokes (^_^)

Anonymous said...

To cry, is a healthy way of relieving deep hurts and sadness temporarily.

To hold grudges, is a destrcutive way of deepening the hurts and sadness continually.

To forgive, is the way of healing the hurts, turning the sadness into joy, for eternity.

Forgiveness does not merely produces happiness, it produces joy, and such joy is contagious to people around you. Just as your smile, it cheers the person who looks at your smile.

May your wounds be healed, may your sadness be turned into joy, forever. May that sweet smile on your face comes from an overflowing joy of your heart.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

yes u're worth it, and yes, despite the past heartaches, u are definitely ms right for someone. just dont forget that it takes someone that you think is worth it to be worthy of u too.

im sorry about your father. whether u forgive or not, maybe one day there'll be a real good lesson to learn from what happened. just have to keep trying to grow stronger in the mean time, like how all experiences in life forces us to.

last but not least, isnt peyton and lucas from one tree hill rather than oc?

Jolene Loh said...

andrew : winnie the pooh - facing the reality hurts.. but i guess truth hurts ~ that's how u grow up. but seriously.. winnie the pooh? like seriously??

just a person who cares: wow. that's a lovely piece- i know it's not a poem.. but u know.. i used to write a lot of poems too ~ maybe should post some of them up later.

a person who feels me: seriously, thanks for your kind words... and thankss so much. yes one tree hill - editted it - thanks~ but i oso love watching OC too.

hehe.. i like the NAMES u guys have ~~ damn cute :)

Jolene Loh said...

actually - i feel like saying this.

Today, is emo day for me - I liked how i put my words to describe today.

5 months ago today, he asked me to be his gf. It feels weird today because for the last 5 months, I've been counting down to today. It still feels weird because today, I was suppose to be the happiest person as I finally receive him in person. But today, I did not get my first kiss, my first hug and definitely not the feeling of butterflies when he touches your hand.

there u go. i said my feelings. i can now move on.

Anonymous said...

yeap! you should! post up the poems your wrote... then I can quote your poems when it's neccessary... :) hope you don't charge me for that. Hahah...

Well, thanks for being open and shared what you felt like saying. It's an honor being able to bear that small burden of yours in such minimum way.

Jolene Loh said...

just a person who cares: well, if only i can find that brown exercise book that i wrote like 80 poems in there.. lol (somewhere)

charge you? er. please prepare a quotation charging to
Just A Person Who Cares ?

lol ^_^ that would be a funny.